Refugee Resettlement Project
Update On Our Refugee Resettlement Project, Week of Dec. 6
- Thank you so much to all of you who have stepped up with enthusiasm and generosity to help the Hadizada family from Afghanistan, who we are helping to resettle in our area. It was a last minute rush over Thanksgiving week to get the family into an apartment that came available, and with the help of many Tamid members and our interfaith partners, they are moved into their new home in Yonkers and the apartment is well-stocked with furniture and day-to-day necessities.
- The couple has 5 kids – Girl (11), Boy (8), Girl (6), Girl (3), Girl (9 mos.) and they are all incredibly sweet! The father’s 20 year old brother is also staying with them. It’s amazing to see the entire family’s resilience and positive spirit after everything they’ve been through these past months.
- Finding a home is a big first step, but it’s only the beginning! We are starting to form committees across areas the family will need help with going forward – education, employment, ESOL, community activities, rides to appointments, government services, etc.
- Tamid has also committed to raising $5,000, as have our partners to make sure the family has everything they need. You can tell us how much you would like to contribute, by emailing us.
- If you’d like to get involved you can email Dina.Bino@gmail.com for more info, or connect at Shabbat this week in person!